From email received from HAZMAT Officer / Honolulu LEPC Coordinator, Department of Emergency Management, City and County of Honolulu
Aloha and Mele Kalikimaka Honolulu Local Emergency Planning Committee Participants,
Just a reminder as we wrap up 2018, we will have our next Honolulu Local Emergency Planning Committee (LEPC) quarterly meeting onTuesday, 11 December 2017 at 9:00 to 11:00 AMin the City and County of Honolulu, Emergency Operation Center (EOC), located in the basement of the Frank F. Fasi Municipal Building, 650 South King Street (Honolulu, HI, 96813) .
We will have presentations which you will find most informative:
– Local Honolulu Fire Department (HFD), U.S. Coast Guard (USCG), and Other Responder Agencies Hazardous Materials (HAZMAT) Updates – Response, Training, and Preparedness Events
– Presentations about:
– Honolulu Emergency Services Department (HESD) (aka EMS): Mission, Organization and Capabilities
– 2018 Continuing Challenge (Hazardous Material Emergency Response Workshop) in Sacramento, CA, by HFD and HESD participants
– Public Utilities Commission (PUC): Hawaii One Call Center Seminar (Dig Safely Hawaii – 811 Call Before You Dig)
– Other Updates, Etc.
– Kapolei Local Emergency Action Network (KLEAN)
– U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Region IX
– Hawaii Department of Health (DOH) / Hazard Evaluation and Emergency Response (HEER) Office, and other participants
Please come prepared to update us on what your organization is doing in the area of HAZMAT safety and security (e.g. in house training, drills, education, exercises, community outreach projects and events, etc.).
Please feel free to bring coworkers, teammates, supervisors, associates, friends, neighbors to our open meeting.
We will have holiday refreshments to enjoywhile we learn and network together.
Reminder – All “GOOD LEPCers”will receive special Christmassurprise(aka LEPC promotional item) at the end of the meeting. You don’t want to miss outJHoHoHo!!!
Should you have questions, suggestions or comments to enhance our LEPC please feel free to contact me at 808-723-8958,email@example.com.
Remember to also mark you 2019 calendar with the future Honolulu LEPC meeting dates – same place, same time.
– 19 March 2019
– 18 June 2019
– 17 September 2019
– 10 December 2019
On behalf of the Honolulu LEPC Chairman, Captain Alex Adams (HFD), we look forward to meeting and learning together, enhancing our situational awareness and networking to promote hazardous materials safety on our Island of Oahu.