Aloha Honolulu LEPC Participants,
Our next Honolulu Local Emergency Planning Committee (LEPC)meeting is on Tuesday, 19 June 2018, 9 – 11 AM.
We will be meeting in the Department of Emergency Management (DEM), Emergency Operation Center (EOC) in the basement of the Fasi Municipal Building (FMB), at 650 South King Street, Honolulu, HI 96813.
Informative Presentations, Government – Industry – Community Updates and Announcements:
– Presentation by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security – Protective Security Advisor Mission, Capabilities to support Industry with HAZMAT
– Presentation by KLEAN (Kapolei Local Emergency Action Network) on their recent Hurricane Emergency Table Top Exercise (TTX) – After Action Report (AAR)
– Presentation – National Association of SARA Title Three Program Officials (NASTTPO) Workshop (Oklahoma, City)
– Presentation – Ammonia Safety Training with Live Release on Maui
– Upcoming free training – “Responding to Liquid and Gas Pipeline Emergency in Hawaii” (30 & 31 Jul 18) Sponsored by LEPC, HFD, Hawaii Gas, Hawaii Pipeline Safety Association
– Update on local HFD, USCG, and other responder agencies Hazardous Materials (HAZMAT) Response and Training Events updates
– Update from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Region 9
– Update from the Hawaii Department of Health (DOH) / Hazard Evaluation and Emergency Response (HEER) Office
Please come prepared to update us on what your organization is doing in the area of HAZMAT safety and security (e.g. in house training, drills, education, exercises, community outreach projects and events, etc.).
Come prepared to network with Government – Industry – Community with a focus upon hazardous materials safety and security.
Please feel free to bring coworkers, teammates, supervisors, associates, friends, neighbors to our open meeting.
Should you have questions, suggestions or comments to enhance our LEPC please feel free to contact me at 808-723-8958,email@example.com.
On behalf of the Honolulu LEPC Chairman, Captain Alex Adams (HFD), we look forward to meeting and learning together, enhancing our situational awareness and networking to promote hazardous materials safety on our Island of Oahu.
Metered parking stalls are available along South King Street and at the FMB / Civic Center Parking Garage.
Remaining Honolulu LEPC Meeting Dates for Calendar Year 2018
– 19 June 2018
– 18 September 2018
– 11 December 2018