Aloha Honolulu LEPC Participants,
Our first Honolulu Local Emergency Planning Committee (LEPC) meeting for 2018 is on Tuesday, 20 March 2018, 9 – 11 AM.
We will be meeting in the Department of Emergency Management (DEM), Emergency Operation Center (EOC) in the basement of the Fasi Municipal Building (FMB), at 650 South King Street, Honolulu, HI 96813.
We will have presentations which you will find most informative:
– Presentation by U.S. Coast Guard (USCG) Sector Honolulu – Wrap-Up on the Successful Removal of the Fishing Vessel “Pacific Paradise” Grounded Off of Waikiki
– Presentation by USCG Auxiliary – Aviation: Mission, Organization, Capabilities and Support of HAZMAT Spill Response Operations in Hawaii
– Presentation by Honolulu Fire Department (HFD) proposal for a Joint Pipeline Safety Training Event with Hawaii Gas, HFD, and Other Pipeline Operators in Hawaii – Seeking LEPC Support
– After Action Report (AAR) – Initial from KLEAN (Kapolei Local Emergency Action Network) Hurricane Emergency Table Top Exercise (TTX) with Release Inject
– Update on local HFD, USCG, and other responder agencies Hazardous Materials (HAZMAT) Response and Training Events updates
– Update from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Region 9
– Update from the Department of Health (DOH) / Hazard Evaluation and Emergency Response (HEER) Office
Please come prepared to update us on what your organization is doing in the area of HAZMAT safety and security (e.g. in house training, drills, education, exercises, community outreach projects and events, etc.).
Please feel free to bring coworkers, teammates, supervisors, associates, friends, neighbors to our open meeting.
On behalf of the Honolulu LEPC Chairman, Captain Alex Adams (HFD), we look forward to meeting and learning together, enhancing our situational awareness and networking to promote hazardous materials safety on our Island of Oahu.
Metered parking stalls are available along South King Street and at the FMB / Civic Center Parking Garage.
Upcoming Honolulu LEPC Meeting Dates Calendar Year 2018
– 20 March 2018
– 19 June 2018
– 18 September 2018
– 11 December 2018